Robinson Ballet, 107 Union Street, Bangor, ME
Robinson Ballet is looking for an energetic, hardworking individual interested in dance and the arts to produce Robinson Ballet Productions. This is a contracted position. Day and hours are flexible. The Producer is responsible for working with the Artistic Director and Marketing staff to plan and execute productions, which includes, but need not be limited to, negotiating and executing rental contracts with venues and vendors, promoting productions, and managing ticket sales. The Producer reports to the Artistic Director.
Other areas of responsibility will include:
- Work with the Artistic Director to identify, negotiate with, and contract with third party venues, vendors, dancers, choreographers, musicians, etc. involved in any production.
- Act as primary contact for third party contractors and work to address, by bringing in other appropriate personnel, any problems or situations that arise throughout the course of producing each show.
- Assist as necessary the Artistic Director in procuring props, costumes, scenery, or other equipment involved in productions.
- Manage any internal box office operations.
- Work with the Operations Director to accurately account for transactions related to productions.
- Work with the Operations Director to accurately manage and account for ticket sales.
- Work within the budget provided for each production.
- Work with the Marketing staff to implement the marketing strategy for each production.
- Work to promote each production.
Qualified Applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must hold at least a high school diploma. Applicants must be able to work effectively both on their own and as a part of a small team. Prior production experience and customer service experience are preferred. Experience working with Microsoft office is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable. No health, retirement, or other benefits will be provided.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 1, 2018.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the address and person listed below. Qualified applicants will be asked to provide references at the appropriate time.
PO Box 1885
Bangor, ME 04402
Or email: Stevie@robinsonballet.org